My counseling practice is in the Portland, OR area, and currently this is the only location for The Abba Project groups. For those of you local to the area, below is the overview of our current group schedule and outline, as well as contact information.
The Abba Project is for dads from all walks of life with diverse ages and stages, all living with varied backgrounds and stories. This is a key part of this forum where men come alongside other men, I love it! I continue to be inspired by seeing dads come together year after year as a “band of brothers” in a uniquely powerful way. It is such a privilege for me to lead and be included in a group setting with men who are courageously willing to learn how to better pursue their daughters hearts with intention and consistency.
What it is...
An educational/process group for dads of teenage and/or 20-something daughters who gather together to:
- Learn about your girls, their needs, their unique wiring, etc.
- Talk about challenges and successes in your relationships with your daughters
- Focus on intentionally investing in your daughters’ lives
- Gain active strategies and support for moving forward
- Be challenged with assignments to activate the learning process between sessions
Here are the completely incredible men of
The Abba Project 3 who came together as strangers and left as friends.
Here are 6 of the 11 participants from The Abba Project 2.
Dads who participate in The Abba Project commit to:
- Meet once a month for two hours in a group setting with other dads
- Do the homework in between sessions, which includes a monthly date with your daughter(s)
- Intentionally invest in your daughter(s) in greater ways than ever before
- What Girls Need
- Body Image
- Personality Profiles
- Love Languages
- Active/Reflective Listening
- Self Esteem
- Seeing Her Through Your Eyes
- Father Wounds
- God as Father (Spirituality/Higher Power)--Earthly Father
- Romance and Royalty
- Dating and Development
Mondays, one night a month------7:00 - 9:00 p.m. September through May
9288 S.W. 77th Avenue
Portland OR 97223
(near Washington Square in Tigard)
Map It on Mapquest!
$500 covers sessions & all materials